Saturday, November 13, 2010

Oly, RIP

[EF24-70mm f/2.8L USM - 35mm, f/2.8, ISO400, 1/15]
[Olympus Stylus 810, 11/13/2010]

Our Olympus Stylus 810 was dropped on the sidewalk, and has died. Well, it has not actually died. It's just mostly dead. When the power button is pressed it keeps trying to retract and extend the lens. It doesn't go in and out. It just spins and wobbles back and forth. It's sad actually, It looks like a wounded animal. I'd post video of it, but the only camera I had that took video was the 810. OK, somewhere I think there is a VHS-C camera, but I don't have anything to take it from analogue to digital to get it to the mac/pc.

I'll be looking for a replacement camera. Anyone know of a good camera that takes the same memory (xd) and/or the battery (li-12b)? I've found several options in the $80 to $160 range that look like good replacements and use the same memory, but not the same battery. Some of them on the higher end don't have the extending lens, so would be more durable too (and weather proof). That, as evidence shows, would be a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment